We know that with everyone being home more often than normal it can be difficult to find new recipes for the family to enjoy.
So today we wanted to give you something new to try with one of the most popular menu items at Cafe Amalfi, their Seafood Chowder!
You may need to pick up a few items at the store, but for the most part the recipe is full of ingredients you typically will have on hand. In less than 45 minutes, you can have a bowl full of delicious soup!
|2 Ribs Celery||¼ Cup Butter|
|2 Carrots||2 Bay Leaves|
|2 Yukon Gold Potatoes||1 Cup Heavy Cream or Half & Half|
|½ Yellow Onion||½ - 1 Cup Chopped Clams|
|3 ½ Cups Clam Juice||Salt|
|¼ Cup Flour||
- Peel and finely dice carrots, potatoes, onions, and celery
- Melt butter down in heavy bottom pot
- Add onion, celery, and carrots sautéing until tender
- Add potatoes and sauté another minute
- Add flour to mixture stirring continuously for 1-2 minutes
- Add clam juice and bay leaf, bring to simmer
- Simmer until potatoes are tender
- Add clams and cook until heated
- Add cream and bring to simmer
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Top with any additional topping if desired (bacon, cheese, scallions) and serve
For video step by step instructions, head over to our Instagram page. And if you make the recipe, take a picture and tag us. We would love to see your creations!